TRADE / RESELLERS:
Would you like to become an authorised EcuTeK Reseller? To be able to enjoy the benefits of retuning factory ECU's and providing this great product please contact us.
DeltaECU is EcuTeK's ECU reprogramming software.
(see supported vehicles list). The software allows reprogramming of the original ECU, in-situ via the diagnostics port, along with serious features that allow accurate and successful mapping.
Who is DeltaECU for ?
DeltaECU has been designed with the professional tuner in mind. Those familiar with engine management will find the software intuitive, and a pleasure to use. Written by tuners for tuners, DeltaECU is the software that we at EcuTeK use to produce our performance ECUs. This product is available to the commercial tuner only
What cars does DeltaECU support ?
There are several Software options to choose from to enable access to the factory ECU.
The current list of supported cars is as follows:
How is the ECU reprogrammed ?
To reprogram the ECU, the DeltaECU programming interface is simply plugged into the diagnostic socket of the car. Any of the ECUs listed above can then be reprogrammed in under 2 minutes !
Unlike other 'chipping' solutions, DeltaECU, requires no soldering and no physical access to the ECU - an altogether quicker, cleaner and more reliable method of tuning. Rather than spending time soldering and desoldering hair thin chip legs, the tuner's time can now be spent more productively, with less time spent soldering and more time actually improving mapping of the customer's car.
Once an effective map has been produced for a particular combination of modifications, further identically mapped ECUs may be rapidly produced. This is extremely useful for companies who wish to package a premapped ECU with their exhaust manifolds or turbo kits.
Why Reprogram the Original ECU ?
- Reprogramming the original ECU is by far the cleanest, safest and quickest way of correctly compensating for engine, induction and exhaust modifications. The maps in the standard ECU may be adjusted to cater for virtually any modifications that are likely to be made to a car.
- Civilised features such as cold start and stable idle are all retained, whilst performance mapping begins from the (already extremely good) standard Subaru map rather than from a blank sheet of paper.
- Risky boost clamps, bleed valves, boost controllers and piggy back modules may all be discarded and replaced by a pure and accurate mapping adjustment.
- The safety features of the ECU are retained, such as sensor checks, fuel cut, boost cut, rev limit, speed limit and 'limp home' mode, though they may be altered to suit the car and its modifications. E.g. if the ECU detects a problem (engine over-temperature or failed sensor), it is still in full control of boost pressure and is able to take evasive action to preserve the engine. This is in stark contrast to external controllers and piggy back modules that either take over control of engine functions, or fool the ECU about the state of its sensors.
The following ECU parameters may be altered using DeltaECU:
- Fuelling and Fuel Compensation.
- Ignition Timing and Ignition Compensation
- Boost Pressure
- Boost Limit
- Turbo Dynamics
- Boost Pressure Based Speed Limiting
- Minimum and Maximum Waste gate Duty Cycle
- Rev Limit
- Air Flow Sensor Scaling
- Cam shaft timing *
- Throttle input *
- and much more
Graphical Map Views
Both ignition and fuelling maps may be viewed graphically to fast interpretation of map shape. This also allows errors to be quickly spotted. The example below shows a fuel map that is being viewed graphically, to show the spectrum of air/fuel ratios used by this ECU.
Live Map Access View
Whilst testing the car, either on the road or dyno, access to fuelling, ignition and boost maps may be viewed in real time to show which parts of the map are being accessed by the ECU. DeltaECU will also colour the zones of the fuelling or ignition maps based on the knock correction and lambda values retrieved from the car under test. This allows the tuner to quickly see which areas of the map require attention.
The example above shows an ignition map that has been coloured with the knock correction that the ECU has applied to the map. From this colouring, it is evident that a portion of the map is far too advanced and that the ECU is having to retard the ignition. The colour key shows the level of knock correction that each colour corresponds to. Below is another test, performed after the ignition timing has been altered. The high levels of det (dark red) have been eliminated by retarding the ignition by 3 to 4 degrees in this area.
The example below shows a fuel map that has been coloured with the lambda sensor voltage from the exhaust as this car is put through a dyno run. By referring to the colour key, it can be seen that the mixture is lean as the turbo is spooling. Dramatic improvements in spool up time can be obtained by filling in this fuelling flat spot.
Ignition Map 3D View
WRX Air Flow Sensor Scaling
For sample dyno plots please refer here.
System & User Requirements
- DeltaECU runs under Microsoft Windows.
- Minimum screen resolution is 800x600 with 256 colours, though 1024x768 is recommended.
- Minimum RAM is 32MB for Windows 98 or 64MB for Windows 2000.
- DeltaECU requires 20MB of hard disk space.
- Internet access is required for future software updates.
- Commercial tuning experience is a prerequisite for the use of DeltaECU.
For further information on DeltaECU, or to arrange a personal demonstration, please contact us.
This revolutionary feature allows the driver to select from two performance levels while driving. Available for 2001 onwards US, UK, EU & Aus spec WRXs
How it Works
EcuTek have customised the function of the software in the ECU to allow dynamic switching between two sets of performance maps. To switch between these performance levels, the driver simply holds full throttle and toggles the rear heated window switch. This may be done with the engine off or on.
The two performance levels may be specified by your client to you as a EcuTek tuning partner. Your cleint may choose to have one performance level for road use and on for drag racing. Alternatively, they may choose to have a high performance and an economy mode. Or they may choose to have a valet mode with only a rpm limit of 1000rpm, (great for people who park their cars in city car parks daily, or at the airport valet, or if you ship your car by road trasnport truck etc) basically you can help your client get what they need!
How to get it
To use map switching on a WRX, the ECU must be programmed with a special map switching ECU calibration. If the cleint has already had their ECU reprogrammed by an EcuTek tuning partner, they can contact them or you for an upgrade. If they are a new customer, they simply choose an EcuTek partner from the dealer list and specify that they would like the map switching feature when your ECU is tuned.